5 paragraph essay is, perhaps, the most common assignment throughout the high school & college education. Students face this task in almost any subject that involves writing assignments. Why is it popular? Reason is simple: teachers use papers as a convenient way to evaluate the level of students’ knowledge & writing skills. Students, for their own part, search for ways to simplify the task. There are many different tasks, activities & time-consuming studies in their life; if there is a possibility to streamline some processes, why not to use it? Following our 5 paragraph essay outline & using pro writers’ tips you can create a top-notch paper effortlessly! Find out how to write a 3 paragraph essay using the sample outlines!
What is a 5 paragraph essay?
The name here is self-explanatory & according to Wikipedia, a five paragraph essay is a format of papers having five paragraphs. This sounds a bit obvious, many students find oneself in the wrong boat when thinking that this type of papers is as easy as ABC.
This format is classic for compositions. Its structure is used not only in such texts but in many other types of academic papers. Any composition will follow this order: the business letters, application essays, presentations & many other texts that will come in handy in your future profession. Do not hesitate & start practicing!
How to write a 5 paragraph essay: Organizing the process.
The key ingredients of any good paper are in-depth knowledge of the topic, proper organization, creative approach to research issue & keeping to the subject. It is essential to know the purpose of the paper as it may affect its structure. It may be a need to argue the reader into your point of view, inform the audience about something or make an analysis of a specific issue.
Basic process of paper writing will look like this:
- Selecting the topic;
- Brainstorming all ideas;
- Creating an outline;
- Making a rough draft;
- Writing the text
- Editing & proofreading.
Sounds simple, isn’t it? Actually speaking, these six steps are appropriate to any academic paper you can apply them to any writing assignment.
5 paragraph essay structure.
According to Purdue OWL the structure of such papers is simple as it is:
The body of the text consists of three paragraphs that include a certain argument, the facts that support it, & a transition to the next paragraph.
Five paragraph essay introduction part.
Generally, here you give a brief description of the theme introducing it to the reader. The first chapter of the paper is the place where you have to add a thesis statement. It is a core of your composition where you have to show what you are going to talk about. Usually, the length of the statement does not exceed one sentence; it should contain enough information to understand the content of your paper.
The second part is essential as here you describe the analysis of the research issues & what results you received. The important point is, each of the three paragraphs should cover one idea. Each idea should be supported by solid evidence & receive a brief conclusion.
Five paragraph essay conclusion chapter.
The third & the last part of the text is general summary of the text where you present the results of the research & your personal opinion if it is necessary to create a full picture. Avoid adding new facts or results to the conclusion.
Five paragraph essay outline example.
As you can see, each paragraph & even sentence sometimes has its own purpose in the text. 5 paragraph essay outline will look like this:
- A hook sentence. It is an anecdote, an interesting story or a powerful quote that grabs the attention of the reader.
- Intro information
- Thesis statement.
- Body paragraph 1. Argument A + facts
- Body paragraph 2. Argument B + facts
- Body paragraph 3. Argument C +facts
- Conclusive part.
How to write a 3 paragraph essay?
On the analogy with the 5 paragraph essay, you can learn how to write shorter papers. Just follow the outline using one body paragraph instead of three – simple as that!
Top list of 5 paragraph essay topics.
Lucky you, if you have a possibility to choose the topic to write about! Then you have a chance to choose a theme that sounds interesting to you & to the audience & that you know there will be no need to study everything from scratch. What are the main requirements of the theme?
- It should be catching & interesting to the writer & the target audience;
- You can find enough relevant resources for the research;
- It invites discussion.
Top-15 5 paragraph essay topics for middle school
- Should education be free for all students?
- Should students evaluate their teachers?
- What would you do as the President of the United States?
- Why is the higher education important?
- How should the world without rules look like?
- How to protect endangered species?
- Should students be given less homework?
- Is summer holidays designed to help children?
- Is it right to impose a bedtime for children who attend middle school?
- Should sports be a compulsory school subject?
- Is it necessary to make separate male & female classes in schools?
- What would you change in your school’s lunch menu?
- Does the violence children see on TV & video games influence their behavior?
- What are the consequences of global deforestation?
- Would it be a great idea to launch a school newspaper in your school?
Top-15 5 paragraph essay topics for high school
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Should bullies be subjected to more decisive disciplinary measures?
- Discrimination of female employees at work
- Should the death penalty be abolished completely?
- Should same-sex marriage be allowed?
- Is animal testing ethical?
- Are nuclear weapon peacemakers or deathly threat?
- Pick a quote that describes a lot about you, & explain why you connect with it
- If you were to give a very important speech or a TED talk, what would it be about?
- If you could add an amendment to the Constitution, what would you add?
- Can one learn a life lesson from an experience that they didn't have?
- What difference do you want to make in the world?
- Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, & what lessons did you learn?
- What new face should appear on the Mt. Rushmore today?
- Should various communication devices be allowed during the examinations?
This is a scratch on the surface of the most interesting 5 paragraph essay topics you can write about. Pick one of these themes or come up with your own & start working!
Professional tips on 5 paragraph essay.
What do professionals say about a five paragraph essay? It is, perhaps, the most common assignments of the workload, still, not all students are able to master it. There are some tips that may boost the level of your writing to the max.
- Select the topic wisely. As they say, a good outset is half the voyage, a great topic may save the day even if your writing or presentation skills are not the best.
- Organize the whole process to make sure that you know what you will add to your five paragraph essay.
- Always use simple words instead of complicated terminology.
- Do not forget to edit & proofread the text
- Use 5 paragraph essay example as a source of inspiration.
How to use 5 paragraph essay example?
The best way to get a clear vision what is a 5 paragraph essay is to look through the example texts. Such texts are written by professional writers who know all odds & sods of 5 paragraph essay writing. You can use them as an example for your future works, or as a vivid picture of how such papers should look like.
Is pro help still needed? Ask experts to assist you!
Sometimes the research for a five paragraph essay may require more time or efforts than usual. If you feel that the deadline is pressing & you won’t cope with the task on your own, do not hesitate & order a paper from a reliable custom writing service. You will receive a top-notch paper in no time.
Experienced writers always write such papers from scratch following customer’s instructions you may rest assured that the paper will fully meet your requirements. You save time, energy, nerves & get a brilliant paper timely – it is a win-win situation! Take an advantage of it & hire a pro writer!